Saturday, January 02, 2010

.:The Roller Coaster Ride of 2009:.

2009 was a rather thrilling, challenging year for me. Times were bad, mistakes after mistakes, challenges after challenges, it makes me speechless sometimes. It was tough to go through everything on my own, but i must say, God does shine light on us in the most peculiar way.


2009 marked the most eventful year for my family. Health played the major role this year. It was tough handling the various diagnosis, surgeries, medications, treatments, emotional breakdown, but the irony was, we were all there, we stood hand in hand, to solve it. Bravo to us all. I must say the most important person, who faced the most was Dad. Mom's diagnosis shook his world, we were all so shocked and emotional at first, but then we realised that we had to stand by each other, regardless of what was happening. Mom, i must say u were very strong. Facing every bit without fail, pulling yourself through without complains, it was so touching. Love the inner spirit in you. If it was me, i think i would have given up a long time ago. Thanks for fighting it, you not only did it for yourself, you did it for us too. Yes, it was hard, but your strength pulled your through. This experience was definitely an eye opener, i realised how important family is as a unit. My aunts, uncles, cousins, they all worked together to help us through this tough period. Million thanks to them. Sometimes, we fail to show love, maybe cause we are not used to it, or maybe just cause we don't know how to show it. I realised, as time goes by and as things around us change, we change too. I've learnt how to show love. Its not so much the act of hugging or kissing our loved ones, its just talking out, making them realise what we actually feel inside, making them see how important they are in my life. That's what love is. It was just another grey, stormy day; but it made us realise the importance of endurance and good will to withstand through all the odds. and to fight towards experiencing a better, more sunny and enjoyable day.


During this roller coaster ride, i realised what life was all about. Difficulties and hardship, disappointments and unexpected circumstances, everything was challenging. Yes, i did ask "WHY ME?", i think all of us did, but the truth is, its just another agenda, another incident, that is going to teach us a million! A good friend always reminded me, during hardship and worries, never blame God for the torture, unhappiness and emotional situation you;re facing. Cause, he is only trying to release the best out of you, he wants you to grow into a better being. I like this line:
"At the end of the day, if there was indeed some Body or presence standing there to judge me, I hope i would be judged on whether I have lived a true life, not on whether i believed in a certain book, or whether I've been baptized." Lance Armstrong
We are all the children of God. We think that life is entirely in our hands. Yes in some ways, No in others. We are but a hollow bamboo, in which God plays his flute~ Yes we have choices, but we also have a written destiny. The choices are ours entirely, we are given choices towards our goals and aspirations, but what must be remembered, is down every road, there is a destiny, pre-written for us, just waiting to see, what other choices we might make. That's why God is understanding, He lets us make mistakes, He lets us fall once in a while, but he also gives us a chance to change, an opportunity to dust off and start over. That's life. The essence towards a more fulfilling life, s simply just believing. Believe in yourself, believe in your efforts, believe in others who play a part in your life.
"We do it everyday, I realized. We are so much stronger than we imagine, and believe is one of the most valiant and long-lived human characteristics." Lance Armstrong
Yes, as you can see, i quoted this guy twice. My new companion, my new friend is this 294-pages book, that plays a lot with my emotions. My rather lonely days are now filled with this great story about life, about Lance Armstrong. I'd recommend it to all. It seems like i got my foot back into reading. It pulls me away from my sorrows, unhappiness and dissatisfaction sometimes. But my hectic schedule tends to delay my efforts in finishing the book though.
Note to all: Yes, its about a guy who suffered cancer, and yes he was said to have a flip of a coin chances of survival, and yes he survived. He gives a great review about striving hard, and never giving up. [Book title: Lance Armstrong: Its not about the bike-My journey back to life]
I've decided to take everything that happened in 2009 as a blessing in disguise. That's what my mother told me before i left back for university. She said, as life goes by, we can start deciding, what will stay and what will go. Those that come into our lives, may seem too new to be accepted and comprehended, but we must always remember to give everything a chance. Nothing is permanent in life, and changes are a must, in order for us to be strong. Similarly, those that leave us, there must be a reason behind it. What is left, will be missed, but a true human being would not brood over the loss, instead make the best of it, by cherishing every moment. We're subject to the eyes of the world. A thief is a thief, a bad person in the eyes of humans, but to God he may just be a tool, to make us realize, the importance of safety. Eveything exists for a reason, everything happens for a reason.
2009 has left, and 2010 has arrived, may it be a better year for us all.
God Bless all!
Sharu~

No comments:

Post a Comment