Thursday, April 19, 2007

missing you....

It was january 1994. The day i hated most. The first day of school. I enjoyed the shopping i had before that particular day. A new bag, new shoes, new clothes, new pencil box, new pencils...and the list goes on. i packed the night before, praying for the day to pass as slow as possible. I didnt want the night to end, i didnt want to sleep. First day of school, wasnt really new to me as my pre-school friends were also going to the same school. I entered the school, saw my friends, and that was when i thought..school isn't so bad afterall. I never knew that the best part ( or maybe the worst part) was yet to come. DISTRIBUTION OF STUDENTS INTO 5 CLASSES. Man, there i stood eagerly waiting, i wanted to go into the same class as my pre-school friends, for a moment i was praying, chanting..hoping that i'll be with them. Sadly, i was sent to another class. The smile i had on my face just suddenly disappeared. I hated school once again. I entered my new class, glanced through the classroom, the teacher and all the excited students. I told myself, i dont want to come back to this class tomorrow. I entered the class, as we were forced to be seated. i sat right in the middle of the class. To my left, was a tall, fair girl with really short hair. On my right, a sweet smiling girl, with reasonably long hair(shoulder length). I looked at the both of them, one smiled, the other stared. Okay, yea i was terrified. I hated school. Just a few minutes later, as i was staring at the blackboard, The girl that was sitting to my right approached me and introduced herself. I felt better, then the girl on my left did the same. I felt much better, we went for recess together, we talked, showed all the new stuff we got for school. Those were the two human beings who coloured my life on the first day on primary school. Okay, the girl who was sitting on my left was Kaveena and on my right was Dharmahla. I am proud to say we're still friends.

Primary school was fun. I became a prefect when i was in std. 3. I was always that prefect who came exactly on time, before the bell rang. hahaha..yea everyone knows. i enjoyed those beautiful old days, never really knew what problems were. Ok..maybe the problems i faced were homework and strict teachers. When i became a prefect, i grew closer to a few people, i have to state their names, farah eleena, shireen, priya dharshini, and the list goes on...i loved those days. Std. 6 was the best huh? besides UPSR though..lol

Then it was secondary school. This time round, i wasn't at all nervous, neither was i scared cause i knew that my old school friends were going to be in this school, well at least most of them. I entered the class, and to my suprise, my close friends were all separated from me. And ok...at that moment, the nervousness and all came back..hahaha.. then i decided, its time for me to break the ice. So i approached this thin, fair girl, with shoulder length hair..she seemed so quiet..i introduced myself, i'm sharmini, from skttdi...and guess what she said..lol..this was funny. she said," yes i know. i am from skttdi too". HAHAHAHA...and ok..i'm going to be honest...i barely knew her and have never seen her. hahahah..yea..dat girl was rachel. hehehehe...we became friends...and i must say we are still close friends till today. i had other close friends too, kavitha, debbie, farah eleena was still a close friend back then. wow..those were the days alrite. life was more stressful in secondary school compared to those good old primary days. We had to be more independent and we had to meet deadlines, we had two major exams to sit for, PMR & SPM. I met many new faces back then... i remembered making a really good friend when i was in From 4... Natalie. Suprisingly, her mum and my mum were good friends! talk abt being in a small world. i loved the group of friends i had...nat, jo, carolyn, debbie, hui xian, kavitha, rach....and the list goes on.... I really miss u all so much and hope to see you all soon.

Then it was time for me to take the next step. The crucial step after SPM. There was college and stpm. I went to Sunway Univeristy College as i got a discount for the A-Levels course. I made a few friends there,,,more like classmates then friends..but i must say that i met a beautiful human being named dashini...she was a great friend back in college and we still do keep in touch. We used to look forward for breaks after classes...we'll meet at the cafeteria...and the chit chatting begins. Then i took a drastic step, i switched to STPM. Due to sudden financial problemz and sudden decisions, i decided, i'm going to face that exam, that is said to be one of the toughest exams in the world. So there i was, searching for my offer letter to do form 6, at a boys school...wait...AT A BOYS SCHOOL...omg..i was telling myself, things could never get worst than this...i knew rachel was studying there...and i knew we could hang out and stuff, but i was also aware that we're in different streams...different class, different group of classmates...man..ok..here i am...walking into the school..climbed that classic old staircase to the office...where i met this indian guy...he scared me for a moment though....lol..but he was kinda nice la..hehehehe....yea its mr.puva. he asked me to go for assembly before meeting mrs. cheng. i was like...can we wait in the canteen, and he was like..NO! wow..ok..fine..there i was walking behind my dad...terrified by the population of males in that school..hahaha...its a boys school..wat do u expect. so...there i was standing behind the form sixers who were nicely lined up...man i must tell u...everyone was staring at me like i was a ghost or sumthin..lol... so a nice prefect, which was thilaga..she asked me to stand in a line...cant remember which class it was ..but i just stood there..waiting for the next step. as soon as assembly was over, i ran back to my dad, ok fine yea i'm a daddy's girl..gotta problem wif dat? hahahah...then this group of students approached me...and i was so happy to see rachel...and i saw sumone else i knew, iylia and sara. In that same group, there was a guy and 2 girls whom i was sure i didnt know..we introduced and stuff...it was shalesh, kamini and kavitha. And they were like...come to science four...ok...for a moment i was relieved,,,i finally know some ppl i n the science stream...and i was praying and chanting all over again...hoping to be in sc.4, so i went to mrs.cheng's room...filled up sum forms and she was considering reli long...and finally the verdict...you are going to sc....THREE!! and i was like...oh NO!!! hahaha...drama wei...ok...entered the class...i sat right next to the front door...didnt bring any books...so i was bookless..hahaha...thankfully selvi, the girl who was sitting behind me was nice enough to make me relax..and share her book. ok...it was biology,... and the teacher was my class teacher..ms.lee...i was thinking of more like plant cell, animal cell thingy...and instead the teacher drew carbon chains and all...guess wat it was that chapter on carbohydrates and all...man i was lost! ok...so..after the class ended...it was maths class, the teacher was nice...she noticed me as soon as she got in and she was like...i need to photostate one more...she rushes down to the office...and photostated one extra piece of worksheet. so sweet of her...yea...it was ms.wee. maths made more sense to me than bio did..lol..ok...finally..the time i was waiting for...RECESS! LOL...so...there i stood up..packing my bags...waiting to go to the canteen..which i didnt know where it was..lol..selvi promised to show me around...but i was held by this tall, thin strict looking girl..ok...i must say i freaked out...it was kasthuri..the mpte representative of sc.3...ok..seeing her in front of me..was a lil scary la..coz she kinda charged me..lol..guess what she said "hi i'm kasthuri and u have to pay 20 bucks for sum mpte thingy"...lol...and there i was...i just stepped foot into this school and they're already asking me for money..lol..bully!! hahahah...those were the days alrite...i must say i made good friends here in st.john. kasthuri, kalaiselvi, ashweni, viwashine, selvi, yun yin, yeen mum, the whole indian society gang...rachel, and the list goes on and on... the teachers were great too...and especially mr.rajan..haha..it was fun working with him and all...i must say i gained the most experience being in this school...althought it was only for 1.5 yrs...and yea there was stpm...hahaha...i miss those days...

well, i must say thank you to all the beautiful ppl i met from primary school days up to the end of upper six...you all made a difference in my life..my life seems more meaningful now...and its all cause of u. i hope this beautiful relationship between us will last forever. cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment